Moving Forward - Discipleship Groups
Moving forward in our vision to build a radically transformed community to engage our world to establish the kingdom of God, God gave us a process. This process is encapsulated in “Loving Jesus, Loving one another and Loving others”.
Everything is about Jesus and it must begin with loving Him. Out of that love for Jesus, can we then begin to love one another in our CVCC community before moving on to loving others in the world around us.
Discipleship Groups is the primary platform in the process of our loving one another. As we gather in such smaller groups on a regular basis, body life within our CVCC community can then be extended beyond our Sunday Worship Services. Meeting weekly in such home settings, our love for Jesus is expressed in our relational interaction with one another. We then learn to build one another up, to bear with one another and to spur each other on to spiritual growth as well as maturity. Out of that, we will naturally then begin to have a passion for others in our world.
Our hope and aspiration is to have everyone who regularly attends our CVCC Services join a Discipleship Group. Our Discipleship Groups are also intended to be ‘open groups’ in that everyone and anyone who wants to participate in the body life of our church beyond the Sunday Service can do so.
Listed below for your easy reference is a list of our existing Discipleship Groups.
What takes place in a Discipleship Group meeting
A typical group meeting will last for one hour and forty-five minutes.
A typical agenda is as follows:
1. Praise and Thanksgiving: We begin with a focus on the Lord, loving Him through songs of thanksgiving and praise.
2. Welcome: An icebreaker brings the group members to connect with each other.
3. Testimonies: A few may share what God is doing in their lives.
4. Communication: You are informed about the Church’s concerns and activities.
5. Lesson: A time to learn together how we can apply the lesson of loving Jesus and loving one another.
6. Prayer and Ministry: A time to pray for one another and specific prayer needs.
7. Fellowship and Meal: The meeting ends with having a simple meal/snack together.
For more information and details on how you can join one of the Discipleship Groups, please contact the Church office at 6391 0027 or speak to any one of our Pastors after our Church Services.
We would like to congratulate
Ps Jun Undag
on being commissioned
as a Pastor of Covenant Vision Christian Church.
Worship Service every Sunday 10am
154 Tyrwhitt Road
Family Sunday every 1st Sunday of the month
Children's Ministry every Sunday